Table of Contents
Printer and slot assignment
In the printer and tray assignment of the form manager, you define the printers and associated paper trays of your company that you can use in BUSINESS for printing in Print management use.
In the printer and tray assignment of the form manager, assign each type of paper (e.g. letter paper page 1, letter paper page 2, white paper, etc.) to the appropriate printer and paper tray.
To do this, you can define assignments that are used by all / several workstations in your company's network, as well as assignments for workplace-related printers.
The printer and slot assignment enables the user to make a precise presetting for each form.
The use of individual designations makes it easier for you to select the printer and the associated paper tray and prevents misprints on the wrong paper.
Film for setting up printer and tray allocation
The printer and slot assignment is shown on the home page of the Form manager displayed. It is divided into two areas:
- Printer and slot assignment (company) - for the assignment of printers that are used in the network by all / several workstations
- Printer and slot assignment (workstation) - for the assignment of printers that are only used at the workstation of the logged on user
Printer and slot assignment (company)
In the printer and slot assignment (company) you define the assignments to printers that are used by all / several workstations in the network.
The printer and tray assignment Standard:
- is always available.
- cannot be changed or deleted.
- uses the printer that Windows manages as the default printer.
- prints on the paper that is in the paper tray that is defined as the standard in the printer driver.
- Enter the name of the paper type (e.g. business paper page 1, business paper from page 2, white paper, etc.).
- By clicking on select the printer and the paper tray in which the corresponding paper is located. All printers installed in Windows and shared in the network are available for selection.
- Confirm your entries with Enter.
- To access different slots of a printer, create several assignments.
In the Print settings of the print management, you then simply select the type of paper to be used for printing.
Printer and slot assignment (workstation)
In the printer and slot assignment (workstation) you define the assignments to workstation-related printers. Make this setting at every workstation with separate printers.
All assignments that are defined for the company are displayed. First is the entry for all printers and paper trays selected. This means that the same printer is used for all types of paper at the workstation as at all other workstations in the network.
If you would like to use the paper for a type of paper from a different printer or paper tray than all other workstations at one workstation, arrange here by clicking the workplace-related printer or paper tray.
You can also define additional assignments that are only used at the work center. To do this, proceed in the same way as creating a printer and slot assignment (company).
Remove printer and slot assignment
Is the assignment in one or more Pressure profiles assigned as a default, the deleted assignment is included in the print profile with the assignment Standard replaced.